5/12/06

Hello!

Hi -- I am a independent animator and a professor of animation. I often use an unusual technique with clay-on-glass, plasticine-type modelling clay, spread thinly on glass, and underlit. This is a kind of under-the-camera animation. Recently I have been collaborating with children on a variety of cut-out animation projects. The Girls of the World project and Shopping for Utopia are two of these collaborative projects. I am intrigued by the history of animation that you don't usually hear about-- independent artists, studios that broke with the Disney tradition, international animation, and animation's prehistory. This blog will be used as forum for research and discussion for my class, to be taught in the summer of 2006 at Cornell University, from June 26- August 8.

If you are interested in the course, you can visit the course listing at Cornell Summer Session.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! I am extremely impressed by the creativity shown in these films - also I like the educational nature of the blog about the history of animation.

innovation animation said...

Hi;)

We are working on a project that has to do with Innovation in animation. And as I can see you deal with animation. I was wondering that if we could interview you as part of one of our primary sources. We will love to know your interest and delight in Animation. If you accept our invitation for the interview you may contact us in (innovation_animation@yahoo.com)we shall schedule our appointement soon.
Thank You.!